Saturday, August 22, 2009

Where there is an end... There is always a beginning

This marks the end of softball season for Hutch's men's softball and our co-ed season. The men's team did very well during the season, tied for 1st with 2 other teams going into the tournament. They played their hearts out and ended up getting third, which is not bad. A little upsetting, but Hutch was glad to have it over with. In co-ed we had a rockin team this year. You could not ask for a more rambunxious group of friends. We had so much fun, I'm kind of sad to see it over. We did awesome in the season with a record of 16-4, putting us in first place going into the tournament. We clinched out our first game and lost by 1 or 2 our next couple, we just couldn't get our A-game on. So overall, we took third. During the season, Hutch hit a record of 30-35 homeruns! During the tournament, we were only allowed 2 homeruns, progressive, and Hutch didn't know and hit a third one out of the park. So it was an out.. no worries though, he got a prize. He got a shirt that said, "Short bus softball" - what he always wanted. So it was a great softball season and in 9 months, I'm sure we'll be antsy to be playing.. for now.. its the end.
But for every end that marks a beginning. It is now the beginning of football season and school for Hutch. He is so excited to start football, he keeps running 40s and says he is slow.. which he isn't because I was the one timing him. He got a 4.3 consecutively, which was an improvement from last year. He is going to be playing for the college up here in a intramural team. Last year his team was amazing and pretty much tied for first the whole season until the last game where they played the other first place team and lost by a couple points. So he's hoping to get on a good team again this year. It will definitely be something worth traveling for to see. He also has finally declared his major which is going to be exercise physiology. He wants to be a physical therapist or sports trainer. Basically he wants to stay in sports as long as he can, even when he can't play anymore. So he basically has to start all over and get his head in the game so he can get done fast and get a good job.
As for me, there isn't much else going on. I recently got a new job thanks to my friend Scott Peterson, and I am a front desk clerk for a couple of hotels in town. ( so if you ever come to rexburg, I can probably get you a good deal) I am going back to school in the fall to start my junior year and I am so ready to be done. 4 more semesters, thats all I have to keep telling myself. Well, not much else going, when something happens I will let you know. As for now, I am so grateful for my wonderful family and the awesome addition that I am going to be getting from my sister, little angel baby from heaven, as my niece aisy calls her.
And for now, this is as good as its gonna get.

1 comment: