Friday, June 4, 2010

He's finally here!

We would like to officially welcome to the family, Talon James Thompson who was born May 3rd at 8 lbs. 15 oz. and 20 3/4 inches long (even though the nurse measured him wrong because in a month a baby can't grow to 25+ inches). He looked exactly like me when I was born with dark brown hair and eyes that almost looked Asian. I had to have him through C-section because after 8 hours of every minute contractions that I thought was going to kill me and only dilating to a 3 with no epidural and Talon no where near the birth canal and him swimming in his own meconium, that was the only option. But I am recovering well and can't wait to get back to exercising. Talon is a great baby who sleeps every 1 1/2 - 2 hours during the day and with two 4 hour stretches at night. He has his dad's metabolism so he eats very often downing around 4 ounces each sitting - even after an hour of not eating. So as of 2 weeks ago he was 10 lbs. 25 inches long and still growing. He definitely fits into our family with all of his goofy faces and a hankering for food - he gets it from his father.
Hutch is loving having a little guy to play with, but I do have to remind him sometimes that he is only a month old and not 2 yrs old. But Talon sure loves playing with his daddy.
Elise - me, is getting used to Talon's needs and wants and loves hangin out with him. Honestly, couldn't ask for a better suited baby for me. It's also great to have a loving family and especially parents who will take the baby for the night the first weekend so I can catch up on sleep. They have definitely been a major help to me and hutch, and it gives Talon a chance to bond with them.
When we get pictures we will put them up. Until then you can look at my facebook page and there are some hospital pics there, even though he looks totally different now :)

3 comments:

  1. congratulations once again elise! i'm glad life is good and everything is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you updated your blog!!! Post some pictures soon! I miss that guy! Miss you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats I cant wait to see more pics!!! Miss you guys cant wait to hold this litle guy!!

    ReplyDelete