Saturday, January 21, 2012

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions....

I though all of my adult decisions were done with! I mean I got married, finished school, got a job, had a kid, got a place of my own.. now what? I wish I had a magic 8 ball that can give me all of the RIGHT answers for all my decisions. But alas, we got other resources that aren't so quick to answer :)


Here is an update of life so far.


*I walked for Graduation in December. We were lucky to have Quinten L. Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve come and speak at commencement.


*We sold the "devil dog". We called him that because he was smart as a whip, but knew exactly what not to do and did it anyway just to get back at us. And he didn't really like the fact we held Talon at a higher level than him. And Talon turned out to be allergic to him. So the next one will definitely be a Scottie because they don't shed and they have hair instead of fur.


*Hutch is going to school full time. We have his graduation plan all figured out and he knows what he wants to do for sure when he grows up. I told him there is no turning back. Orthopedic Surgery. After he got his knee operated on last summer he has had the feeling he needed to be more than just a physical therapist. Med school, here we come. Luckily, we have found a good program where he can do all of his schooling and residency in Idaho, but we will definitely keep our options open. If anyone has any suggestions on anything, please help. We have no clue what we're doing with this medical thing and don't know many people that can help us. So any referrals or information would be great!


*And I guess everyone knows by now, but yes, I am pregnant. I am due July 22, the day after check outs for my job. That should be interesting. Now the big decision comes. I don't know whether I should quit my job, or just go part time after I have the kid. I really don't want to take a month old child to day care while I work, and I don't have the option of bringing them to work with me. We also don't have family around that is in the position to babysit either. At this point in our lives, I almost don't have the option to stay home with them either. With Hutch in school and having our own place, it's just a hard decision. I mean, we can live off of student loans that he gets, I mean he's going to medical school anyway, might as well build it up ;) Any suggestions would be great on this too.


*Talon is growing like a weed, mentally and physically. He is starting to get the "Ott build" with a barrel chest and skinny lower body. He loves going to see his friends everyday at day care and doesn't hesitate to remind me who is all there by saying all of their names on the way there. He is talking like crazy and sings his ABCs with only 7 letters. He has the tune down, but just repeats the same 7 letters through the song. "A B C D, L O P!" Pretty dang cute! His favorite songs to sing to go to bed are: Twinkle, Twinkle; I love to see the Temple; Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam; ABCs; and "Mama's song" AKA "Angel Lullaby" from "My turn on Earth". He loves the whole idea of running. He will run from one end of the house to the other while yelling "Run, Run!" He definitely makes my day better when I get home from work. It just sucks I only get to see him 2 hours before work and 2 hours after work. Someday, I will get to be more involved my kids' lives.


*Side note: it hasn't snowed here in Rexburg yet. By now we usually have 3-4 feet already fallen, but no. We have rain and wind. Signs of the times (seasons switch and change, etc) is a possibility.


Well, that is our lives as of now, mixed with laughter and homework. Hope everyone is having a good January.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on all the exciting changes! I am so excited for you guys! Go Hutch on med school! That's awesome! And congrats on the new little one in July! I wish I had some cool advice to share, but I don't :(.

    OH! AND CONGRATS ON GRADUATION! That is so exciting!! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a lot to process! I say be a stay at home mom. You will save money by not paying day care right? I am so ready to be done with school so I can be home. On that note I will be done with school July 20th! So i am around to babysit your kids! I didnt know that Talon sang! I want to hear him! How many semesters does Hutch have left?

    ReplyDelete