Sunday, July 22, 2012

Welcome Oakley Ann!

So here is the story of our beautiful new baby little miss Oakley. It won't be graphic, I was not really "present" for much of it.

It was Wednesday July 18 and we arrived at the hospital at 5:30 am. I had a planned repeat C-section because I had a C-section with Talon and for more blatant reasons, my body just doesn't go into labor by itself. Kinda good right? I don't have to put up with contractions :) Hutch and I couldn't sleep the night before because we were too excited for our little "ninja" to come out, more me because he didn't have to put up with your karate for 6 months.

The C-section was scheduled for 7:30, so the anesthesiologist came and let me know what was going to happen and asked a plethora of questions. The time came and they took me to the OR and gave me a spinal block. Definitely not on my list of fun things to have in a lifetime. That was the only time I cried during this whole experience. They strapped down my legs and my arms just in case, set up a shield between my head and my stomach and went to work. Hutch being the future surgeon watched the whole thing. He's a funny guy. The doctors were all amazing and talked me through each step was happening. Then I felt a push on my stomach and out came Oakley. She cried for a little bit while they were suctioning out her airways and gave her a rinse off, but quieted right down when they bundled her up and handed her to dad. Oh she was smitten. And Hutch was too. She didn't cry the whole two hours while dad held her and I was in recovery. She just stared at Hutch for a bit and fell asleep. Already, an amazing baby! Then from there on out she only cried when she was hungry or needed a diaper change.

When Talon came to see her for the first time he was so excited to hold baby sister and give her loves. At one point he even didn't want to let her go and started singing to her. All she did was stare at him. I can tell already they are going to be great friends and their bond is going to be epic!

Now it is onto recovery. Having a 2-year-old and a baby with a C-section is challenging already. I'm glad I have drugs to help through all that needs to be done. But Hutch says I need to be taking it more easy. We will see about that when I don't have nurses to dote on me every minute of the day.

Onward now to the future and whatever it brings. I can't love my little family more than I do now (except when Talon doesn't throw his little tantrums), but it too will pass as time goes on.
The hospital took some pictures of Oakley that the public can view here and enjoy the beautiful girl that we have been blessed with.

3 comments:

  1. She is seriously beautiful and I LOVE the name you chose. If I would have heard it before I may have chosen it for my own daughter, lol. You will be just fine, Elise, I promise. It's challenging at first, though you probably already know that. Every week gets better and easier I swear. It was really rough on me for a while but I learned that I could still have time for myself and my husband with the two kids, it just takes some adjusting. I wish you a speedy recovery and please post more pictures!love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! So fun and exhausting! Good job and good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats love!! Can I tell you that I love that name because if me and Kasey had a girl instead of a boy we would have named her Oaklee and are still planning on it so as you can imagine what I'm about to say next...Super cute name choice for a super cute girl!! :) Love ya and miss ya!!

    ReplyDelete