Thursday, August 30, 2012

Just keep them coming...

Where to start?
Quick update of things that happened before Oakley was born.
I got laid off from my job about 2 weeks before Oakley was born. It was kind of a big ordeal (especially for Hutch), but it took my apartment finding skills to a new level. (only had about 4 days to find an open apartment during the semester). We were blessed to accidently come upon a 3 bedroom apartment that wasn't $700 and we only had to pay power on. This was probably one of the hardest times in our life.. not only because I was majorly emotional due to the fact I was pregnant, but it was also a time where we did not realize how much we were blessed in that one week after being laid off until we look back at it now.
Hutch finished school/finals pretty much the day before I had Oakley. It was nice not having to tell my husband to leave me to take tests. He did pretty good on all of his classes, though it turns out that he will have to retake his chemistry class. Weird thing is, most of my friends that have taken Chem 105 at BYUI have had to retake this class during their time there. Does that say something about the teachers or the students?
Ok, that was a bunch at a time, but I just had to get that out there.
So, it has been 6 weeks and things are starting to work out. I'm getting used to having to wake up 2-3 times a night, but it is getting rough with the formula situation. Turns out that Oakley is lactose intolerant (surprise, surprise.) She started out well on the normal formula, but slowly we have figured out she has a lactose allergy and she is now on the more expensive, but better for her, formula. We go in on Tuesday and find out how tall she is and how much weight she has gained. I really think she is over 10 lbs. now. Her legs now have somewhat of a chub and her face is filling out. But she is still really tall and skinny.
I went in for my 6 week postpartum check up and I had been having problems with my incision area. The doctor took a look and said that I have cysts all around the area and they will just pop on their own. I have had 2 already and it looks like 2 more are forming. But, good news, my incision is pretty much all healed and I can start working out (very lightly) and getting rid of this extra baby fat, plus the baby fat I didn't lose before.
-My goal is to be to my pre-wedding size by my 5 year anniversary in April. Yes it is a ways away, but with the complications that have been going on, I think it is a good timeline. So, encouragement would be appreciated as I try to lose this extra, sad to say, 50 lbs. oy vey.
Talon is loving having mom stay home. Yes, there are days that mom wants to just lock him in his room all day, but overall it's good. He starting to express how he feels so there aren't as many tantrums, but there are still some.
Hutch is now working and this weekend was the opening weekend for elk hunting. He went with his friend Chris Bundy to hopefully get an elk with his bow. So, being the hunter's widow that I am, I went to Utah until this weekend when we are all going to Rexburg for Oakley's blessing.
Life is good, life is great. I'm tired all of the time and am living off of Dr. Pepper. Maybe I should try some of those 5 hour energy drinks.
Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment